The Hospital Director (HD) provides hospital leadership in dyad partnership framework with the Medical Director (MD) to lead the Healthcare Team. The HD, who reports to a VP, Clinical Services, is the local leader of Clinical Services that includes all non-veterinarian Healthcare Team members. The HD promotes a culture that supports development of engaged and empowered employees, who deliver the MedVet experience in a healthy and sustainable manner while living MedVet’s core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion.
Successful dyad leadership provides representation of all employees, fosters diversity of thought, and leverages the variable experience and skill of our Medical Services and Clinical Services Teams. The MD directly supports doctors and the Health Care team directly, at each hospital and works collaboratively with each level of the MedVet organization to improve and sustain MedVet’s focus on evaluating, planning, and implementing the delivery of best in class healthcare to MedVet patients in support of our mission – Leading Specialty Healthcare for Pets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Foster a culture that supports development of engaged and empowered employees as well as continuous improvement.
- In partnership with the MD, serves as an overall leader for the hospital, directing both Emergency and Specialty services (Dyad Leadership).
- Lead and direct the Clinical Services team in the hospital, including hiring, onboarding, employee development and employee issues, partnering with Medical Services, HR, or other teams as needed. Continually evaluate hiring needs and opportunities for growth, working in partnership with the Talent Acquisition team.
- Organize quarterly or semi-annual town halls for all team members within the hospital
- Attend and participate in quarterly Results Management Meetings
- Oversee and attend as needed to department meetings for the specialties within the hospital
- Responsible for hospital-wide communications
- Works with the MD to ensure the Healthcare Team has the resources and tools to deliver high-quality patient, client and referral partner experience. This includes working with the appropriate local support services to ensure supplies, equipment and technical tools are available and functioning
- Leads implementation for clinical services initiatives within the hospital.
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Director, Regional Medical Director (RMD), VP, Clinical Services and finance to prepare and manage hospital budget and capital budget. Includes revenue budget, expense budget, profit and loss statements and management of payroll to revenue
- Work with the Clinical Managers of both Specialty and ER departments to develop and maintain systems for communication and handling of patients between departments, including transfers, after hour exams, and transport among hospitals
- Assist in ensuring the hospital complies with all federal and state regulatory policies, i.e. I-9, DEA, OSHA, State Veterinary Medical Practices Act, AAHA, etc.
- Works with the MD in partnership with the RMD and VP, Clinical Services to lead operational planning efforts and execution for the hospital on an annual basis
- Ensure Referral Partner relationship are strong and growing
- Support Clinical Managers with resolution of patient care, client complaints and Referral Partner problems.
- Maintain a hospital complaint/adverse event log to track and address themes with MD
- Provides 24/7 phone support to hospital Clinical Managers to address urgent issues