Midwest Animal Emergency Hospital in Elmwood Park, IL is looking for an Emergency DVM to join our practice (Generous sign-on/retention bonus and relocation).
Midwest Animal Emergency Hospital is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated veterinarian for our after hours emergency hospital. We see exotics exclusively during daytime hours, offer 24 hour exotic care and after hours emergency care for dogs and cats. We need someone to see our companion animals. Exotics experience is not required. We practice out of a newly remodeled building equipped with ultrasound, endoscopy, and a full in-house lab, immediately adjacent to Chicago. We are looking for a qualified candidate who can work at our emergency practice but we can be flexible with shifts/hours. Our large support staff is experienced, dedicated, caring, and fun to work with. Our benefits include a competitive salary, flexible schedule, health and dental insurance, licensing fees, association dues, paid CE, paid vacation and 401K.
More information www.midwestexotichospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Modernized building with four exam rooms
- Digital Radiology
- Rigid Endoscopy
- Ultrasonic Dental Equipment
- Isoflurane anesthesia
- One of three patient wards is warmed (85F) & humidified (40%) for birds, reptiles and hypothermic pets
- Complete in house Hematological and Chemistry analysis, in house Electrolyte, Blood Gas and Clotting analysis, DNA Sexing, Cultures, Gram Stain, Cytology, Histophathology, Infectious Disease Testing, Urine and Fecal Analysis, External Parasite Checks
- Paper light computerized medical records and invoicing
- Located in Elmwood Park, directly adjacent to Chicago and Oak Park, with endless restaurants and nightlife. Parks, forest preserves, rivers, and Lake Michigan for beach and watersport activities at your fingertips. All the benefits of downtown Chicago just a 20 minute drive east including world class dining, shopping, music, museums, theaters, art galleries, sporting events, and sightseeing.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Emergency experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.