Veterinarian for Kelsey Canine Medical Center, Collierville, TN (FT or PT) Signing Bonus
Kelsey Canine Medical Center
February 13, 2018
Type & Experience Level:
Part Time or Full Time - One to seven years
DVM or equivalent
Veterinarian for Kelsey Canine Medical Center
Dr. Carr Kelsey, of the Kelsey Canine Medical Center in picturesque Shelby County TN is seeking a full-time or part-time veterinarian to join his canine exclusive practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client-oriented with strong client education skills, and be a dedicated and enthusiastic team player.
* A signing bonus and/or relocation allowance is available for the right candidate. New and recent graduates that would like to practice exceptional medicine in a supportive environment are encouraged to apply.
We are passionate about veterinary medicine and are looking for someone who shares our passion. Our team has a strong partnership with clients built on clear, consistent communication and education. The Kelsey Canine Medical Center has a loyal following among our extended canine family members as shown in our client's testimonials.
We are one of only a few canine-exclusive practices in the country, and the only one locally. We pride ourselves on enhancing the lives of canines, so they may enrich the lives of those who love them. Please follow this link for a list of things that make our clinic a unique experience for our clients and their beloved dogs.
The hospital stresses preventive care, dentistry, exceptional medical workups & treatments, surgery, as well as behavior and nutrition counseling. As a full-service hospital we feature Abaxis in-house laboratory equipment, digital radiology, dental radiology, ultrasound, therapy laser as well as a highly trained technical and support staff. We utilize Impromed Infinity as our practice management software, and are proud to be a paperless practice.
Our staff to doctor ratio is greater than 4:1. Our normal work schedules are flexible and feature no emergency on-call duty. Our technical staff includes several TN Licensed Veterinary Technicians, and we have a specialty referral center nearby.
We are looking for just the right individual with 3+ years of experience in general medicine and surgery to join our dynamic and compassionate team, and will consider recent graduates with exceptional medicine and communication skills. The right candidate will have a strong interest in medicine, be client-oriented, have strong client education skills, and be a team player. The position requires a minimum of 25 hours per week, but full-time is preferred in order to keep up with our growing practice.
* Motivated new and recent graduates are also encouraged to apply. You’ll be part of an awesome team that is passionate about our patients and our practice, and we don’t have boarding to ruin your holidays!
You need to be a person of good character, customer service oriented, intelligent, hard working, detail oriented, thorough, timely, a good communicator, friendly, teachable, and a obviously dog lover!
Benefits include a Competitive Salary, Local Association Dues, Mentorship with Dr. Kelsey, Continuing Education Allowance, Paid Time Off, Retirement IRA Plan with Match, Health Insurance Allowance, Professional Liability Insurance, TN State License, DEA License and a fantastic work environment.
* All applications will be treated as confidential.
* We will only be able to personally respond to qualified candidates.
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
* Licensure in good standing and eligibility to practice Veterinary Medicine in the State of Tennessee.
* Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude.
* The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members.
* Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets.
* A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
* The successful candidate must be able to pass a professional background check and drug test.
Additional Salary Information:
Compensation is negotiable and dependent upon experience.
Internal Number: KCMC-DVM
About Kelsey Canine Medical Center
For more than 25 years, Burzenski & Company has been skillfully providing financial management and tax planning services for veterinary practices and their owners. Our customized and personal approach to guiding veterinary practices in all facets of business has earned us a national reputation as leaders in the industry.
The veterinary practice management team, led by Gary I. Glassman, CPA, has a unique understanding of practice business strategies, tax and accounting services, operational management, financial forecasting and personalized management services for veterinary practices.
Whether your veterinary practice specializes in companion animals, emergency/specialty medicine, equine, bovine, swine, dairy or is a mixed animal practice, our experienced team of professionals understands the needs of veterinary practitioners and can provide the appropriate insight to maximize your financial position and operate more efficiently.
An overview of our veterinary services. https://youtu.be/UbU3p0b8LIM