Ann Arbor Animal Hospital Emergency Service is in search of a full-time or part-time Emergency Veterinarian for our growing small animal hospital. We are located on the west side of Ann Arbor, MI where we have been practicing medicine for over 80 years. We offer Primary Care and Critical Care services during the day, Monday thru Sunday, and run our ER service opposite of the PC/CC services. As an ER veterinarian, the schedule will be primarily overnights, weekends and holidays. Patient care, teamwork, and a client centered focus are emphasized leading to a positive work environment for all. We are committed to the ideal candidate’s professional growth, development, and career satisfaction. The competitive and comprehensive compensation package includes a salary, CE, health insurance, SIMPLE IRA, and license and association dues reimbursement. Our ideal candidate has completed a rotating Small Animal Internship or minimum 2 years of experience. Our unique position in the metro Ann Arbor area makes our hospital a personally and professionally rewarding opportunity.
Please visit our website at www.annarboranimalhospital.com for more information about our practice. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call him at (734) 662-4474
1. Medical & Surgical: (a.) Works with Leadership Team (Owner, Director and Manager) to set hospital policies and procedures; performs all duties in accordance with them. (b.) Performs physical exams and appropriate diagnostic procedures. (c.) Diagnoses medical or surgical conditions and presents treatment alternatives to the client. (d.) Performs medical and surgical procedures in accordance with hospital policy. (e.) Promptly and accurately completes / updates client medical records, treatment plans and rounding before the start and before the end of each shift. (f.) Plans and carries out a significant program of personal medical continuing education.
2. Human Resources: (a.) Plays a leadership role with ER LVTs and ER Assistants; assists leadership in assessing their skill level then planning and implementing a CE growth plan. (b.) Delivers in-house medical training to staff. (c.) Is accessible by staff while maintaining doctor/staff professional relationship.
3. Client Relations: (a.) Takes time to communicate in a warm, sensitive, clear, and concise manner with clients. (b.) Presents clients with easy to understand treatment alternatives, while being aware of their financial status. (c.) By role modeling, sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the goal of a client-centered environment. (d.) Is sensitive to client and patient best interests, including making referral options for treatment.
4. Practice Leadership: (a.) Leads by example regarding a positive, fun working environment that strives to provide benchmark patient care. (b.) Maintains a professional, positive attitude even under stress. (c.) Communicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale; maintains core values. (d.) Attends both DVM and ER Staff Meetings as an active participant encouraging staff member’s involvement. (e.) Promotes a cooperative, team oriented environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a cohesive, high performing team.
5. Misc: (a.) Is able to lift 40 lbs. unassisted, stand for long periods of time without discomfort, read reports without causing headaches or eye discomfort. (b.) Possesses reliable transportation. (c.) Able to work weekends, overnight shifts and holidays.
Additional Salary Information: Salary depends on F/T or P/T job status, experience, and skill set.
About Ann Arbor Animal Hospital
The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is a locally owned, full service veterinary clinic in Ann Arbor, Michigan, serving Washtenaw County and the surrounding areas. We are AAHA-accredited and provide routine primary veterinary care by walk-in seven days a week, with limited appointments available Monday through Friday, and Emergency and Critical Care 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. See our website's "About Us" page to learn more.